Sunday, August 27th
Huck Finn Brunch
9am – 11:30am
Adults $10, Kids $5, Under 2 years old — free
Members & guests welcome
Menu: Southern Style French Toast, Country Fresh Eggs, Sausage Gravy & Biscuits, Cheese Grits, Brown Sugar Bacon, Pork Sausage, Fresh Fruit, Yogurt Cereal & Bagels Coffee Tea & Juices
10:30am – 11:30am
Huck Finn Look-A-Like Contest, Raft Race, and Field Day Activities
Huck Finn Raft Race Rules
- All rafts must be homemade. Rafts can be constructed from cardboard, pool noodles, inner tubes, barrels, or any other buoyant material.
- No rafts will be allowed with more than 4 crew members- Max age for crew member is 18 years old.
- Life Jackets must be worn by non-swimmers.
- Horsepower for propelling rafts must be provided by muscle, wind, or waterpower. Each team must provide their own paddles. Store bought paddles are allowed.
- All Captains and their crew must remain aboard their registered vessel for the entire duration of the Race.
- The name of the boat must be displayed proudly.
- Decorations and props that DO NOT ADD to the buoyancy of the boat are allowed and encouraged.
- All boats will be inspected by judges to make sure they meet building criteria. All judges’ decisions are final.
- Boats will be judged on speed, creativity, and originality.
Titanic Award – The boat that sinks the fastest and/or has the most dramatic sinking. Remember the captain always goes down with his/her ship!
Creativity/ Originality Award – Best Homemade Raft
Overall Winner – This goes to the boat that reaches the finish line the fastest.